Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 4: Innovation is the creation of the new or the re-arranging of the old in a new way.



Hi friends!  So, most of our day was consumed with the Mariners game (who lost to Detroit...boo...who does that?  Detroit's the worst team in the league!)  Overall a very good day, even with a tiny splurge on garlic fries...but not a cheat!  I'll explain.

Breakfast: I had a whole wheat bagel thin with fat free cream cheese.  Probably should have eaten more, something with some protein.  But now that I'm detoxed off the crap, I'm just not that hungry!

Lunch:  I snacked on a string cheese when we got to our seats, but we had promised the girls we could eat real lunch at the ballpark.  Not cool.  There is nothing remotely decent within those stadium walls, and you can smell those damn garlic fries anywhere you go.  I figured, if I was stuck with crap anyway, I might as well eat the crap I want, right?  So the four of us got an order of garlic fries and split them, and I had one of my husband's pieces of fish from his fish and chips.  Not great, but I was so proud of myself-in the past I would have gotten a whole order of fries by myself along with chicken strips and a huge coke, and downed the entire meal on my own.  HUGE win.

Dinner:  I had leftover stir fry from last night with a salad.  Filling, healthy, perfect carb/protein/fat ratios. 

No official exercise, but on the walk from our car to the stadium, about a mile each way, I threw my three year old up on my shoulders for some extra resistance and moved my butt.  40 minutes of walking with a load...not too shabby. 

I'm actually way under on my calories today (with garlic fries?  AWESOME) so I will probably have a low carb/fat and high protein snack later so I don't wake up in the middle of the night gnawing on my husband or anything, ha.  What are your favorite high protein snacks?  

1 comment:

JW said...

Safeco does offer healthier options now, new for this year.